The Dewight E Patton Jr. Foundation is seeking to hire part time facilitators to deliver Life Skills (social and
emotional) curricula in the greater metropolitan St. Louis area. We are a youth development organization
purposed to provide support and guidance to youth ages 12 to 19 years old in the development of
fundamental life skills (social and emotional competencies) to promote their success, and be a positive
influence in their homes, school and communities.
A Group Facilitator commits to teach by modeling and demonstrating characteristics that youth can learn from.
The Group Facilitator is responsible for a group of up to 15 youth, ages 12 – 19 years. It is essential that
candidates applying for this position have experience communicating with high risk youth of middle school and
high school age. The Group Facilitator must enjoy and respect youth regardless of their current situation in life.
This position is part-time, 10 - 20 hours per week. Time frames may be early morning, afternoon and/or evening
with the last class ending at 7:00 p.m.
Our Group Facilitators are expected to develop classroom and behavioral management skills, implement our
evidenced based and professionally developed life skills curricula and prepare weekly reports detailing youth
progress and/or classroom concerns.
Our Group Facilitators are punctual, responsible, enthusiastic, have a positive attitude and provide
encouragement and support to the youth. Ideal candidates are college students, retired educators, trainers or
Duties of the Youth Facilitator:
• Greet all youth with enthusiasm and positive energy
• Maintain a safe and welcoming environment
• Ensure The Dewight E. Patton Jr. Foundation curriculum is delivered professionally and effectively to meet
desired learning objectives
• Maintain classroom management with a session of up to 15 youth
• Arrive punctually to workshop sites and expertly manage time during the course of the workshop to ensure
all aspects of the lesson plan are delivered
• Relate to youth about their personal experiences and provide a positive learning environment with quality
• Facilitate group discussions in a positive manner that ensures opportunities for participation by all youth
• Build youth’s confidence by making the workshop experience meaningful, interactive and engaging
• Maintain positive, courteous and respectful behavior with youth, parents and administration
• Prepare for each class session, including reviewing the curriculum for the week and gathering and / or
• Serve as a Dewight E. Patton Jr. Foundation brand ambassador for the Company, while performing
facilitator-related duties (arrive in a timely fashion, adherence to professional dress code, clean meeting area
upon completion of group activities, notify appropriate individuals of absences per policy, etc.)
• Provide meaningful and timely feedback to leadership on student feedback
• Maintain communication with the agency/school liaison, concerns about youth that may need to be referred
to additional support services. In case of a mandated reporting situation, follow organization protocol to
ensure safety of the youth at all times
• Bachelor’s degree, preferred but not required
• Background in social work, education, or youth counseling a plus
• Must have a classroom/workshop experience, preferably working with students
• Must have worked effectively with a diverse population of youth
• Background in youth development programs is a plus
• Minimum of 3 year of experience in mentoring youth ages 12-19
• Experience facilitating group discussions
• Must be at least 21 years of age, and authorized to work in the U.S.
• Must be reliable, prompt and professional
• Strong communication skills with the ability to listen carefully to individual student needs and give positive
• Excellent follow-up and persuasion skills with the ability to resolve conflict
• Work well in a team environment
Desired personal/professional qualities:
• Ability to effectively manage own emotions
• Strong interpersonal skill
• Positive demeanor and attitude
• Good sense of humor
• Strong sense of presence in a classroom setting
• Enthusiastic and objective-oriented presentation style
• Passion for helping youth, especially minority youth
• Be aware of emotional and psychological needs of youth
• Ability to coach and model pro-social behavior
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Part-time positions are up to 20 hours per week. Hours of work are Monday through Thursday and occasional
Saturdays. Hours may be morning, mid-day, afternoon or evening until 7:00 p.m.
Salary is commensurate with experience and can range from $200 per week to $300 per week depending on the number of workshops facilitated during the week.
Position will require travel from site to site to facilitate curriculum.
All new-hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen. The Dewight E. Patton Jr.
Foundation does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws.
Applicants should send cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to:
The Dewight E. Patton Jr. Foundation
ATTN: Human Resource Dept.
2200 N Highway 67 #182
Florissant, MO 63033
In the subject line, please reference "Group Facilitator".
No phone calls please.
The Dewight E. Patton Jr. Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer